Discover more from Francesco’s Substack
🔴 We are live!
🔴 We are live!
10th episode of me coding a CRUD Rest API in a different language.
Today’s one is PHP. Click the link below:
About my current Content Strategy
I spent some hours refining my thoughts about my Content Creation strategy.
If you want to grow on YouTube, this is worth reading.
No, there is no a "Buy this course to grow on social media" link at the end.
Below, an explanation for each of the social media I am currently active on.
- I engage daily there (I'm close to 100k tweets), sharing educational content and I'll use it to redirect to YouTube.
- I'll also host weekly Twitter Spaces to connect and answer your questions.
- Some people will just not go from Twitter to YouTube.
- That's ok.
- Educational content is king, so I'll create it on platforms like
, Dev, Hashnode, Medium, and DevDojo to redirect readers to my YouTube channel.
- I am shocked at how much traffic I can redirect to YouTube by writing articles.
- I'll use LinkedIn to share my achievements, post threads in long-form posts, and engage weekly.
- It will also be used to redistribute content I share on YouTube.
- Linkedin will also serve as a backup in case Twitter totally fks up.
- I'll send a weekly newsletter focused on YouTube content, ideally sent right before the livestream to keep my audience informed and engaged.
- I will also keep sharing more about my Content Creation Strategy there.
- I am currently using Substack, and I like it.
- I love Twitch. But I decided to focus on only one platform.
- So, for now, I'll be hosting a weekly chilled livestream (probably on Friday) where I make a recap of the week and write notes on how it is going.
- It will be a weekly check to understand what I'm doing right.
- For now, I will use TikTok as a pure redistribution channel by re-publishing YT shorts (see below).
- I will also engage as much as possible in the comments there, as I noticed this impacts the views.
Not in the strategy
- When you decide on a strategy, it is also essential to determine what you want to avoid in this strategy.
- Instagram: for personal content, travels, conferences, and announcements.
- Discord: to organize activities and support other content creators.
- Regarding activities, I plan on hosting coding livestreams, tutorials, DevRel Unlocked sessions, and posting shorts.
- Shorts will be clips of longer videos to get more views on those (and to announce important things).
- I'm exploring the "Podcast" section.
- When you want to achieve something, it's essential to have a strategy and then, of course, adapt along the way (not much different from a sports match)
- I intentionally put the "April 2023" label at the bottom because something will change in the next months.
Wish me luck
I don't want to monetize sharing this process (for now), so if you want to support this and you find it valuable, you can check my YouTube channel here
Have a great weekend.